Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What Are Your Keywords?

In a similar vein to Kristi's post on favorite romances, I thought I'd see what are some of your favorite words? The ones that when you seem them in a title, will always make you to pick up that book?

I've noticed that I have a few that get me every time. They are: water, river, lake, magic, and anything that implies winter, such as snow, frost, and of course, winter. Also, summer, lol.

I'm also attracted to covers that hint at these kind of stories. (I suppose it should be no surprise then, that my first book takes place in a town on a lake just as winter meets spring, so there's both snow, and rain.)

Here are some examples of books that had me drooling just from their titles and/or covers.





(^ I have so much love for this title, I can't even...)






What about you? What kind of titles or covers pique your interest?

4 comments:

  1. I will usually at least pick up a book with "Witch" in the title, and tend to like words that convey misery, ala "Wither." Now you have me analyzing myself-lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Summer I Turned Pretty is a great title. Covers really do count. One of my faves: A Vintage Affair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything to do with mermaids (the darker the better) so when a title or cover has water, lakes, oceans, whatever -I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, pretty covers! I'm really not sure if I have keywords, but I do like any cover or title that is weird, creepy, scary, bloody etc. Some of my faves are:
    SLICE OF CHERRY by Dia Reeves (AMAZING cover)
    and
    THE REPLACEMENT by Brenna Yovanoff
    and
    THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH by Carrie Ryan.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis