Monday, June 7, 2010

Contest Monday

Two great contests to start off your week with a bang:

1. The fab Shelli at Market My Words is hosting a pitch contest to be judged by agent Bree Ogden with Martin Literary Management. Have a 1-3 sentence pitch ready and visit Shelli's blog today (Monday). The winner gets to submit their entire manuscript!

2. Cool contest judged by agent Natalie Fischer with the Sandra Dijkstra Literary Agency. It involves the first line of your novel, and if that line is good enough, possibly the second line, third, etc. It's this Thursday June 10th at 8am ET and 12 noon ET. Get the rest of the details here. Get a 25-page critique from Ms. Fischer among other great prizes!

Addendum: Amazing book giveaway over at YA Highway, including Ally Condie's Matched, so check it out!

Happy Monday!

9 comments:

  1. Great links. Off to check them out now. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kristi! I'm interested in teh second one, but I'm not finding submission info. I wonder if they'll be taking entries in the comments on yalitchat or on their blog? Or if we email them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsay - you're welcome and good luck!

    Lacey - I was a little confused about submission info too, but there's a link to their blog and the contest is listed on the right had side. I think they'll update it the date of the contest. Good luck - you should definitely enter your 1st line of GS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valerie - I didn't have trouble getting into Blogger today. In fact, I just did my post for tomorrow too. Try it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh great links! Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blogger is down in some areas of the country. I can't get past my dashboard and when I tried to comment here it told me blogger was down, I'm surprised my comment showed up! But it's weird how it didn't link to my account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds good to me <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds good to me <3

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis