Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Road To Success

Today I'm going to point you to an article I read recently and found very helpful:

9 Things Successful People Do Differently by Heidi Grant Halvorson, Ph.D.

Halvorson points out that most of us have a hard time figuring out what it is that makes us succeed when we succeed and therefore that makes it hard for us to repeat the process on each new project or goal. I had never thought about it this way but I think it's so true. When things go surprisingly well, we tend to think we "got lucky" but I truly believe that LUCK = PREPARATION + OPPORTUNITY so that means it's got to be more than just showing up, right? But rarely do we stop and ask ourselves why something we did worked. We just rejoice in it.

One of my favorite things on the list is: Focus On Getting Better Rather Than Being Good

Such a good idea, and SO hard to stay focused on. So if you've got a few minutes, I highly recommend checking out the link!

4 comments:

  1. Those are some great points. I'll have to check out the link. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that article--great points! Thanks for the link. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great link, Valerie! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll check it out! I am constantly pushing myself to write better than I thought I can. One way is to read the work of masterful authors as a writer rather than a reader. Sometimes they blow me away with how they weave their stories and bend words.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis