Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wednesday Book Recommendation - Blood Magic

It's my week to rec a book and since Friday we're opening up our AWESOME TWITTER PITCH CONTEST WITH AGENT SARA MEGIBOW (which you're totally entering right?) I figured I'd rec a book today. So here's my pick:


BLOOD MAGIC by Tessa Gratton
(releases May 24, 2011)


Everywhere Silla Kennicott turns she sees blood. She can't stop thinking about her parents alleged murder-suicide. She is consumed by a book filled with spells that arrives mysteriously in the mail. The spells share one common ingredient: blood, and Silla is more than willing to cast a few. What's a little spilled blood if she can uncover the truth? And then there's Nick—the new guy at school who makes her pulse race. He has a few secrets of his own and is all too familiar with the lure of blood magic. Drawn together by a combination of fate and chemistry, Silla and Nick must find out who else in their small Missouri town knows their secret and will do anything to take the book and magic from Silla.

Why You Should Read This Book: First let me say, don't let the title fool you. There are no vampires (or any other paranormal creatures) in this book! What there is in this book is lots of magic, (it's so real that you can see it like a movie, and you'll want to try it just to see if there's magic in your blood too. Or... maybe that's just me.) There's also steamy kisses, a peek into a fascinating descent into evil, a real girl with real problems who doesn't need a boy to save her, steamy kisses, and my most favorite thing in a book, a plot that keeps you on your toes and guessing all the way until the very end! (And did I mention steamy kisses?) I really loved this book and the world it created it. I'm already salivating for the companion novel!

So if you haven't added BLOOD MAGIC to your must read list. There's still time! BLOOD MAGIC releases May 24th.

5 comments:

  1. This looks awesome--I'm just going to let you and Lacey create my TBR list, because I've loved everything you've recommended. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So there is no really magical creature inside. What kind of magic that this book offer then? I think I should check more review about this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magic can exist without paranormal beasties. Take Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty or Holly Black's White Cat. Both fantastic reads, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aleetha, no there are no creatures in this book. It's about magic, specifically, blood magic, where people use a drop of blood in the spell they're doing. I would definitely recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of magic but no paranormal, I'm intrigued! I'll have to check this one out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis