Thursday, May 19, 2011

Visual Inspiration

When I get stumped in a project, or just need to get back in touch with my characters, I turn to music, something that fits the characters or the mood of the scene I'm writing, and www.weheartit.com.


If you haven't wasted spent some time browsing the collection of images there, you totally should! I've found so many that are PERFECT representation for my wip. Like this one, for example:




That is so completely Jack and Charlie! It could only be more perfect if her dress was green. Really, this post was an excuse for me to share that picture with you. The downside is that I have no idea who the owner is. Is it yours? 


What's your favorite procrastination inspiration exercise?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! I briefly checked it out and want to go back and take some time. I usually look through Seventeen magazine or another YA type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A drive with music always does the trick for getting me back on track. Writers need to get out - we are observers of life and getting outside can work wonders for waking up our creative selves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, love your name! I'm an Elvis fan (but I apologize if you hear that all the time). I think this is the first year since I was fifteen that I didn't renew my Seventeen subscription.

    Rebecca, you are absolutely right! My personal hideaway is my back yard (lots of lavender and lilacs) but a walk through my favorite park always does the trick. If I could I drive back home to PA every week just to walk in the mountains or along the railroad tracks by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Usually if I'm stuck, I just go back and reread what I've already written and usually it will jog my brain into working order! :) Pictures are great inspiration though! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis