Friday, November 12, 2010

Friday Book Recommendation - BEFORE I FALL

Before I Fall

by Lauren Oliver (Goodreads Author)
 
What if you had only one day to live? What would you do? Who would you kiss? And how far would you go to save your own life?

Samantha Kingston has it all—looks, popularity, the perfect boyfriend. Friday, February 12th should be just another day in her charmed life. Instead, it’s her last. The catch: Samantha still wakes up the next morning. In fact, she re-lives the last day of her life seven times, until she realizes that by making even the slightest changes, she may hold more power than she had ever imagined. (less)
Hardcover, 470 pages
Published March 2nd 2010 by HarperCollins 
Kristi's Take:  (No Spoilers)
I reluctantly picked this book up two days ago. Don't get me wrong--I'd heard great things about the book and Ms.Oliver's immense talent. But I knew it was about a girl dying, over and over and over again. One thing about me: I have to gear myself up for intense books and they tend to sit longer on my TBR pile than others. They also take me longer to read, as I have to ingest them in small doses. Not so with BEFORE I FALL. This book was flat-out amazing and I could not put it down (and it's not a short book). Those who know me know sleep is my all-time favorite thing and there's not much that I allow to interfere with those precious hours. I could not go to sleep last night until I found out what happened to Samantha Kingston. 
The characters literally leap off the page in this beautiful, funny, real, and heart-breaking novel. I won't give away the ending except to say it's something you'll think about long after you stop reading. I highly recommend moving this book to the top of your TBR pile. You'll be glad you did. 

6 comments:

  1. GREAT recommendation! Thanks, Kristi! I loved this book. Unfortunately, I've gotten behind on reading. I'm trying to read The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner, but I'm finding it um...less than entertaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is awesome. It really snuck up on me, though. I wasn't expecting to love it as much as I did. If you're looking for a great story where a character totally redeems herself, this is it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not put this book down when I was reading it. Love the concept and the way it was executed. Great book for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favourite books this year! I've pre ordered her next one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh, I've been eying this one for a long time, it sounds so interesting :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis