Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!


First, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!! I hope everyone is enjoying family/friends/loved ones and good food right now, instead of reading this. But in case everyone you love is in a food coma and you're all by your lonesome, here are the top 5 writing related things I am thankful for.

1. My friends and family. My parents and siblings, my husband and my children. Even my in-laws, who are super awesome. I've been blessed with the people in my life. I could gush on about how amazing my husband is and how smart, cute, funny, well-behaved my kids are, but you don't want to hear all that. The people in my life support my writing and I think it's very important to any writer to have that support. And my mom gave me the awesome desk that I write on. :)

2. The ability to write! Like Kristi said, I am very thankful that I can write! It's what I love (read: need) to do, and I am thankful that I am able.

3. Critique partners! Without my Sisters, and writing friends, my writing would be nowhere near the level it is right now. I'm very grateful for all their time, patience, and hard work.

4. The Internet. Not only is it a fantastic marketing tool (you know, for whenever I'll actually have a book to market), but it's basically my only social outlet. Writing is a very solitary endeavor, and although my family and friends are supportive, they don't always get my obsession with pretty book covers, or the relationship I have with the people in my head. You guys do. Right?

5. The YA writing community. Writers both published and non, agented and still treading through the query trenches. You are all so helpful and supportive. Everyone believes in paying it forward. In helping each other. This kind of community is just invaluable. Many of you organize charities and events, like the season of love and hope auction that Valerie mentioned yesterday. There is the YA lit chat community. the Verla Kay blue boards. The countless blogs chock full of information for aspiring writers on everything from what books to read, to how publishing works, to who, how and when to query. You are all fantastic! Thank you all!

What are YOU thankful for?

Happy Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. You list two of the most important aspects of writing in this moment in time--the Internet and writing community. What an incredible support system and social outlet we're blessed with. I'm so grateful for that, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gave a list of thanks of my blog, too, but I forgot about giving a special shout-out to the Internet. It's the best distraction in the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am one of the pathetic people still surfing the internet on Thanksgiving. :D But I wanted to wish you a happy holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the Internet! Happy Thanksgiving, ladies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis