Monday, March 8, 2010

Shutter Island and 3 Amazing Contests

I'm off to a girls' night out to see Shutter Island -- no, I haven't read the book yet, but the book doesn't star Leonardo DiCaprio and the only thing I like better than a creepy, psychological thriller is one starring Leonardo DiCaprio. Also, I have yet to see a movie AFTER reading the book when I didn't think the book was better. However, since I'd never leave you empty-handed, I give you my 3 favorite contests of the week:

1) The fab Elana J.(seriously, if she had a fan club, I'd be her president) is having an awesome book giveaway -- and the books are SIGNED. Check it out here.

2) The dynamic duo Bethany and Suzette from Shooting Stars are having a killer contest as well. One of the prizes is a 40-PAGE submission and critique from super agent Suzie Townsend of Fine Print Literary. Details, including other great prizes, can be found here.

3) The third Lucky Agent Contest through the Guide to Literary Agents blog is being hosted by another super agent, Joanna Stampfel-Volpe of Nancy Coffey Literary. Joanna is seeking urban fantasy and paranormal romance -- she's giving a 20-page critique to the winner! More details here.

NOTE: All 3 contests have deadlines of Sunday, March 14th so get movin' and good luck!

6 comments:

  1. I loved that movie, Shutter Island. It was weird, and creepy, but good.

    And thanks for the contest info!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see Shutter Island! Enjoy your girls' night out!

    I have entered the lucky agent contest, but I think my log line will kill me. It was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED the book Shutter Island. Can't wait to see the movie! I hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The ending was SO sad and he was very similar to a client I worked with at a mental health hospital -- minus his brief moment of insight at the movie's end. It was very different than what I was expecting. *Sigh* I still think Leo rocks though.

    Lacey - I haven't entered that one yet. I'm trying to remember your log line from your query but I know it wasn't horrible or I'd have told you so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Kristi, but I didn't use one from my query. I said that this happens to her, then this and eventually she does this. Bleh.

    Glad you liked the movie. I probably won't see it until it's available on demand, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis