Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Book Recommendation: POSSESSION by Elana Johnson

I tore through the ARC of POSSESSION this week (it releases in June) and I loved this book...so much so that my poor laundry basket overflowed to the point that my 6-yo suggested I buy a second basket. I loved the relationship between Vi and Jag, and Elana did a fantastic job of world-building. I told Elana my only issue was where the book ended...and I meant that in a good way. I turned the last page, like "What? It can't end here." I won't give anything away, but I told her I need the second book, like now. If you like dystopian, this is a must read book. Elana is also hosting a super awesome contest on her FB page and the details are here. I don't know if I'm allowed to say what everyone who enters will get, but it's really cool. Contest ends: 4/28. Here's the cover and blurb for POSSESSION:
Vi knows the Rule: Girls don't walk with boys, and they never even think about kissing them. But no one makes Vi want to break the Rules more than Zenn...and since the Thinkers have chosen him as Vi's future match, how much trouble can one kiss cause? The Thinkers may have brainwashed the rest of the population, but Vi is determined to think for herself.

But the Thinkers are unusually persuasive, and they're set on convincing Vi to become one of them...starting by brainwashing Zenn. Vi can't leave Zenn in the Thinkers' hands, but she's wary of joining the rebellion, especially since that means teaming up with Jag. Jag is egotistical, charismatic, and dangerous--everything Zenn's not. Vi can't quite trust Jag and can't quite resist him, but she also can't give up on Zenn.

This is a game of control or be controlled. And Vi has no choice but to play.


Happy Reading! Anyone else read this yet? 

10 comments:

  1. You beat me! I'm almost done. About 30 more pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't WAIT to read this one!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very much looking forward to reading this one. I remember ages ago critiquing a first chapter for it, and I told Elana she has something very special!

    Angela @ The Bookshelf Muse

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think she uses the query for this book as a sample in her e-book FROM THE QUERY TO THE CALL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jennifer and KM--you'll love it!

    Matthew--can't wait to hear what you think.

    Angela--that's so cool you critiqued part of it.

    Lacey--I just have to get my butt to the post office to mail it to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for such a great book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the ARC quickly too. Completely absorbed.

    You're 5 away from 500 followers. YaY!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis