Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sharing Great News

 As you know, the publishing business is super slow, so it's not too often I get to share fun stuff. But today I do. My awesome critique partner, Jeanne Ryan, (who has an equally awesome agent, Ammi-Joan Paquette) got a book deal!!! I told her when I read this book it would be "the one," and I'm so happy to share her Publisher's Marketplace news with you:

Jeanne Ryan's debut NERVE, about a teen girl lured into a voyeuristic online game where her decisions could have deadly consequences, to Andrew Harwell at Dial, by Ammi-Joan Paquette at Erin Murphy Literary Agency (World).

If you like uber-creepy YA's (and this one is WAY creepy), you'll love it! The release date is Summer of 2013. You can follow Jeanne on Twitter @Jeanne_Ryan (tell her I sent you!)

In other great critique partner news, Niki Masse Schoenfeldt has a second picture book coming out in Spring 2012. It's titled DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE and is being published by Shenanigan Books. She also has a PB published by Orchard House Press titled Nature's Lullaby. Niki recently obtained representation with the fabulous Louise Fury of the L. Perkins Agency. Follow Niki on Twitter @nikiofware and check out her blog The Fractured Keyboard

All of my critique partners are so wonderful, supportive, and encouraging, and it makes me really happy to help them celebrate their good news! You girls rock! 


9 comments:

  1. Wow, I love reading about this type of good news--and the book sounds awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristi! Your critique group loves you too. We're all watching because you are such a talent and YOU ARE NEXT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niki's right--I totally expect to be reading (and spreading) good news about you soon, Kristi! Thanks for the shout out!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, thanks guys! I'm so excited for both of you! Also, I just noticed I incorporated three different fonts into one post...sorry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's fabulous news, congrats to Jeanne!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis