Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Book Recommendation--hush, hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and POSSESSION preview

Before I get to my weekly recommendation, I need to tell you about a book that will be featured here as soon as I finish it. I got the ARC in the mail yesterday and though I only just started it, I can already tell you that POSSESSION by Elana Johnson rocks. More to come on that soon, but here is the very cool cover:


My recommendation this week is one I read awhile ago. The author is a fellow Coloradoan, and I'll admit I picked this one up in the store based on the cover. Why hello, hot fallen angel, I'd love to read all about you. Luckily, Becca Fitzpatrick's hush, hush also delivered great writing and a fast-paced plot. The relationship between Patch and Nora had great tension and kept me turning the pages. Also, did I mention there's a hot, fallen angel? If you're a fan of paranormal or urban fantasy, you'll love this!






Goodreads description:
For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
 

For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life.

Has anyone else read this? Anyone else like hot, fallen angels? 

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I'm waiting for Possession too! Can't wait to hear what you think about it after you've finished reading it. :D

    I love Hush, Hush too! ahh..just thinking of Patch is just sexy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maidenveil--I'm a little over halfway through Possession now, and it's AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so pissed right now because I forgot Possession in my Mother in Law's car last night. I won't be able to get it back until lunch. ARGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matthew--yeah, I'd be mad too. I'm really loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The model on the cover actually went to a few book signings with her.

    I haven't had a chance to read this one yet but it's on the list! And sooooo can't wait for POSSESSION!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a signing I would have definitely attended-lol.

    I should finish POSSESSION in the next day or so, and will send it your way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis